Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deck the Halls?

The day after Thanksgiving I did give in and join the masses of people hoping to find bargains...I headed to Tupelo ALL BY MYSELF-thanks to my sweet and wonderful husband who happily stayed home with all the children. I spent time at Fred's, Walgreens, Barnes and Noble (where I ran into every homeschooling mom I know..) Bed, Bath and Beyond and to my appointment at United Blood Service to donate blood-but my iron was low, so I could not donate. However-the shopping and trying to donate blood are not the point of this post. The point is Christmas decorating. Usually, on the day after Thanksgiving, we put up our tree and decorate the house. This year, since we are spending Christmas in NY with my dad and step-mom, we decided we wouldn't decorate. So, I was very suprised, when my husband called to tell me that he was doing some outside decorating while I was shopping. I was anxious to see what he had done. I arrived home, and thought maybe I would find a few strands of lights on the porch-but no, it was much better.....Mike and the kids had taken apart my father in laws 4-wheeler to spray paint it for him, and for lack of a better place, Mike had HUNG all of the painted parts from the front porch to dry. Can you say "you might be a redneck..." I definately had to laugh as he greeted me with a sly smile. All I need now is to haul my couch out onto the front porch, and we'll be all set. I hope this gave you all a good laugh as you get ready to "deck" your halls. By the way, he did promise me that the parts would come down TODAY!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Hahahaha! That is so funny! You are so brave. I don't have enough guts to go Black Friday shopping by myself.